Description de l'offre d'emploi
To achieve our goal of being the best foreign bank in Canada, we are continuing to grow and are looking for a motivated Senior Manager, Operational Risk Management to join our Bank.
Job Title: Senior Manager, Operational Risk Management
Hours per Week: 37.5
Start Date: As soon as possible
The Senior Manager, Operational Risk Management is responsible for the following:
- Developing and implementing a standardized framework to identify, measure, monitor and report operational risk management (ORM) and technology risk management (TRM) across the Bank.
- Overseeing Operational and Technology Risk Management programs.
- Ensuring the integration of operational risk management framework into the enterprise risk management framework.
- Roles and Responsibilities
Developing and Implementing ORM Framework
- Establish and oversee the application of ORM policies, technology and tools as well as governance processes.
- Contribute to the advancement of the ORM framework, including operational risk management methods and best practices.
- Oversee implementation of Business Process Mapping & Risk Control Self-Assessments (RCSA) by business and corporate functions, including facilitation of RCSA sessions and challenge of RCSA results.
- Collaborate with all functions to design appropriate Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and monitoring KRIs/KPIs as well as action plans across the Bank.
- Establish and maintain operational risk appetite qualitative statement and quantitative risk metrics and limits; monitor on an ongoing basis the results, escalation and mitigating actions of operational risk metrics.
- Develop and conduct operational risk scenario stress test for capital assessment and stress testing purposes.
- Coordinate operational risk event and data collection , and perform review and analysis to highlight operational risk issues and trends
- Design and implement ORM Reporting to Risk Management Steering Committee and the Board’s Risk Management Committee.
- Developing and Implementing TRM Framework
- Perform benchmarking and oversee Technology risk management programs including cyber risk management, infrastructure, software best practices and incident management.
- Review and challenge the adequacy of controls surrounding information systems used at the Bank.
- Ensure adequate controls over the Risk Monitoring System (RMS).
- Act as a key person in identifying, assessing and managing third-party risks, including reviewing and challenging third-party risk management policies, contracts and processes.
- Perform special risk management projects/activities as requested by the CRO.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with other members of the Risk Management Department, members of the branch and corporate function teams and other senior management, parent bank personnel, OSFI, external auditors, and members of the Board of Directors.
- Monitor industry developments and regulatory changes for emerging risks and changes that may need to be made to Bank risk management processes. Escalate any related issues to the appropriate departments and the CRO.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in an Operational Risk Management and Technology Risk Management role in a federally regulated financial institution.
- Extensive knowledge of Canadian regulatory requirements for federally regulated financial institutions, including risk appetite, operational risk management, and capital adequacy assessment practices.
- Solid understanding of risks and regulations around and experience in technology risk management including cyber risk management.
- Experience in a retail and/or commercial banking environment.
- Experience in developing and managing a team.
- Conceptual thinking, problem solving, analytical and organizational skills. Project management experience a plus.
- Teamwork and collaboration – works cooperatively with others to accomplish individual, team and organizational objectives.
- Communication and Presentation – ability to synthesize and convey information effectively in written and verbal form, including presenting complex material in a clear and concise manner.
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity and adapting to a changing environment.
- University Degree in business, mathematics or economics
What You Need To Know
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our client an equal opportunity employer and it is the Bank’s policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications with emphasis on selecting the best qualified person for the position. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their interest.