Since 1981, our client has been committed to providing excellence to our clients. Our client is the boasts an extensive overseas network with more than 1200 offices in 25 countries. Our 9 branches in Canada serve the cities of Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver, Burnaby, Coquitlam, and Richmond.
To achieve our clients’ goal of being the best foreign bank in Canada, they are continuing to grow and are looking for a motivated Senior Manager, Enterprise Risk Management to join their Bank.
Job Title: Senior Manager, Enterprise Risk Management
Hours per Week: 37.5
Start Date: As soon as possible
Reporting to the CRO, the Senior Manager, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) is responsible for managing and facilitating the Bank’s ERM framework, program and operation to effectively provide risk oversight on the enterprise level, including the following:
- Oversight of Risk Governance and Risk Appetite
- Oversight of Enterprise Risk Management programs
- Management of Capital Adequacy Assessment and Planning Processes
- Management of Risk Data Aggregation and Risk Reporting
- Development of a strong ERM team
- Roles and Responsibilities
Oversight of Risk Governance and Risk Appetite
- Collaborate with senior management to maintain and update Risk Appetite Framework (RAF), including establishing the Bank’s risk appetite, developing Risk Appetite Statement (RAS) including qualitative risk statements and quantitative risk metrics, limits and targets
- Monitor risk appetite indicators to ensure that RAF is aligned with the Bank’s strategic plan and embedded in day-to-day operations
- Maintain ERM Framework and related policies and procedures
- Review adequacy of risk oversight in the management and Board committee mandates
- Oversight of ERM Programs
- Participate in strategic planning to ensure that strategic objectives incorporate risk considerations and translated into business plans
- Collaborate with senior management to perform periodic enterprise level risk assessment
- Oversee the Bank’s ERM programs, methodologies and tools
- Facilitate risk workshops to deliver training on enterprise risk management practices and partner with department heads to promote risk culture
- Organize Risk Management Steering Committee meetings
- Management of Capital Adequacy Planning & Assessment process
- Perform annual internal capital adequacy assessment program (ICAAP) and report results to the Risk Management Steering Committee and the Board Risk Management Committee.
- Propose risk limits for capital adequacy
- Participate in preparing annual capital plan
- Design and implement stress tests for significant risks
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting of capital adequacy and capital planning
- Risk Data Aggregation and Risk Reporting
- Review and perform periodic testing of data quality impacting risk management metrics
- Develop and enhance risk reporting including reporting on RMD maters to the Risk Management Steering Committee and the Board Risk Management Committee, parent bank, regulator and other key stakeholders
- Attract, and oversee development and retention of staff, including objective setting, coaching and performance management.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor industry developments and regulatory changes for emerging risks and changes that may need to be made to Bank risk management processes. Escalate any related issues to the appropriate departments and the CRO.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, mathematics or related field; master’s degree preferred; FRM, CFA, CPA, or CA credential a plus
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in an Enterprise Risk Management role in a federally regulated financial institution
- Demonstrated capability in the key risk management areas, including risk appetite, enterprise risk management, internal capital adequacy assessment, and risk data aggregation and reporting practices.
- Experience in incorporating risk consideration into strategic planning process
- Solid understanding of Canadian regulatory requirements for risk management, COSO ERM framework and internal controls
- Experience in a retail and/or commercial banking environment
- Experience attracting, developing and retaining a team
- Excellent strategic thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- Teamwork and collaboration – works cooperatively with others to accomplish individual, team and organizational objectives
- Communication and Presentation – ability to synthesize and convey information effectively in written and verbal form, including presenting complex material in a clear and concise manner
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity and adapting to a changing environment
What You Need To Know
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and it is the Bank’s policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications with emphasis on selecting the best qualified person for the position. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Our client thanks all applicants for their interest.